Monday, September 27, 2010

Looking for the next "Real" 2K Insider

I spent much of the summer reviewing Synergy statistics and fine-tuning my ratings and tendencies with the intent of being ready for action once NBA 2K11 came out. Re-editing all those players (and creating all the missing ones) is going to be a time-consuming task, ESPECIALLY since I intend on doing it for both 360 and PS3. Not to mention I will have to re-edit the Legacy teams, as there will be a huge demand for that.

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR

1. A second writer for the blog team. There will surely be plenty to write about once the game drops, and I will be pre-occupied working on the roster. A user well versed in 2K's rating system, history of NBA 2K, and general NBA knowledge would be preferable. What I offer is a medium for your voice to be heard by the 2K community - as this blog has slowly grown into a legitimate source of information on the NBA 2K series (traffic has tripled since last September!)

2. Someone who is talented at CAP designs. Rather than spend time creating all the missing players (they will be vast in number), it would be much more preferable if I gave my ratings/tendencies to a partner to implement into their CAPs, and then uploading them to 2K Share for me to download into the roster upon their completion. Player appearances have never been my forte, because I am always far more concerned with the gameplay and data than whether Timofey Mozgov's cheekbones look right. Seeing as how I'd be doing this for two systems, I would need two different users for this task.

If you are interested in helping out, or have any further suggestions, shoot an email to thereal2kinsider@gmail.com

Thank you in advance,

Rashidi

12 comments:

Shelb said...

I got you on number one.

Anonymous said...

wow. im blown away.
rashidi is willing to accept help.
good luck for this year man.
i hope you get a quick start.
one suggestion tho:
a good writer may know 2k inside and out.. and suck at cap designs.
you may be looking for 4 different individuals.
nba2k11 and yourself could be in for a big year though. (i will support both)
with that said, i know they mess up sometimes especially ratings/tends/hotspots but i wish you could quit referring to 2k11 staff as a WHOLE as lazy and all that. i just think they have interacted w/us to much for all that. but lets go bball season!

Rashidi said...

The more gameplay video I see, the more this game reminds me of 2K10 with prettier/faster animations. I still haven't seen much defense aside from CPU picking off dumb passes now.

Shelb said...

Yeah, apparently it's just more playing the passing lane for the AI.

Anonymous said...

you should get Kriegz from the OS forums for number 2, he is really good in that department and I belive he has already offered to do so on there.

Anonymous said...

So, any news on finding someone to do the CAPS for 360? (hope so)

Chronz said...

Just so I got this straight, your looking for someone to do your grunt work (things you dont like) but not to actually assist in 2K EDITS?

Anonymous said...

basicaly an I dont think its going to be easy to pick these guys up. most these guys are the ones he's beefed with at sum point or another so

Rashidi said...

I'm actually okay with that. I want to see how many players get added in 2K's update on the day of release. I might just work on the CAPs myself, or work on the retro teams in the meantime. No point in me updating all the tendencies on a default file I may not use.

Chronz said...

LOL @ ebeef

Thats too childish, you can disagree without taking it personal

Chronz said...

LOL @ ebeef

Thats too childish, you can disagree without taking it personal

Anonymous said...

i'm willing to do any thing i could do to help you out bro. here are some reasons

1.i keep up to date with your post

2.i think your rating changes are the best

C'mon man i'm willing to help you out